Sunday 9 January 2011

The BBC

Can I just start of by saying, the BBC are really not helping themselves.  First of all they interviewed Stephen Green a gay execution supporter in relation to Elton John's Surrogate baby.  My opinion on this is it was pretty stupid but they argued that this was to give an equal argument.  So I think this has been blown totally out of proportion, but that's just my opinion.

However the other day I was watching newsnight  and I watched a guest speaker Carmen Callil as well as an Australian comedian talk about The Ashes.  Carmen described the Australian cricket team as "grossly overweight and unfit" she then commented about their blond prickly died hair.  The presenter Kirsty Wark said that perhaps that was their feminine side.

Carmen then said "No, it's not a femanine side, it's sort of a poofter side, isn't it", Kirsty then laughed and said "Oh my god Carmen.  You may say that, I would never say that."

However at no point was their an apology.  I understand that the comment wasn't made by any of the BBC staff, however the comment was made on a BBC program therefore I believe they should have apologised.

Please let me know what you think about this or any of my other posts or even let me know if you believe there is something I should be talking about by commenting or emailing me at

GYD@live.co.uk

Thank You 

No comments:

Post a Comment