Monday 22 November 2010

Self Acceptance

In many cases the hardest part of coming out is admitting it to yourself, I went through a prolonged state of denial trying desperately to convince myself it was just a phase and that I wasn't gay. My self acceptance came from the weirdest place ever.

When I was going through denial I used to go and stay in a hotel in Inverness about an hours drive away from where I live, the reason I done this was basically just to escape my life for a day, I would go shopping or go to the cinema, go out for dinner and then just relax in my hotel room and completely forget everything that was worrying me I would just do what I wanted and be who I wanted to be.

One night in my hotel room I was sitting surfing youtube video's, I started watching video's of "Gay Interest" many of the people I watched I hsve now subscribed to but thst night one video in particular stood out for me.

This video was called "Cure for Homosexuality" and it was upleoaded by "Theophi1us", basically this video ask's if you could cure homosexuality, if you could make yourself heterosexual, would you?

When watching this video I suddenly realised that being gay has made me the person I am my personality would almost definately be different if I was heterosexual. I realised I like who I am so if I had a choice to change my sexuality, I wouldn't.

Here is the video I am talking about:


Unfortunately he doesn't make video's anymore but have a look on youtube there are many more good video's. Another one of my favourites is Robmuch look him up

As normal, if you would like to get in touch with me you can email me at GYD@live.co.uk

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment