Monday 29 November 2010

Tolerance

In the UK there is a massive tolerance for gay people, however there are a few people who are intolerant and in some countries there are very low levels of tolerance.

When I was at college and I came out to my friends there was one friend in particular who wasn't very happy, he tried to be tolerant but couldn't help himself come out with homophobic comments and just generally acting weird around me. When I asked him what made him feel so uncomfortable towards gay people, he responded by saying it was the way he was brought up.

I really believe that it is the way he was brought up, his attitude towards gay people was just the same attitude he seen from his parents when he was growing up, however I have spoken to him recently and his attitude has changed, I was actually scared because to me he seemed to be a completely different person.

So what do you think causes intolerance and what are your experiences please let me know.

Please comment or email GYD@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment